Monday, March 18, 2013

Blog Week 11A


Process Essay is a how to manual. It tells us, either by words or by pictures what needs to be done and how to do it. This type of essay is used to explain how something happens. It teaches us how something occurs in a chronological order. It is there to explain all of the whys.  While explaining all of the whys, in numerous ways, it always goes back to the same ending. When teaching someone about something we have to give enough detail for the desired audience to be reached. The more detail one is about what they would like to get across, the more the audience will understand.

The audience is a big part of a process essay. Depending on the audience of a process essay, we must choose the wording. We would not write the same thing to second graders as we would write them to a second grade teacher. The audience has to be able to understand what it is that we would like our audience to do or put together.  When writing a process essay we have to be attentive to who our audience is and how we will get what we need to across.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mayra,

    I liked your post because it was a very good step by step explanation. I would maybe add that the word "you" can be used and why it is used. But other than that great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mayra,
    I really like your definition here and I found some of the wording to be slightly confusing but I see that you understand the subject. I would love to see some sort of example on how a process essay would be written but I see you understand the concept and it did allow me to have a mini review on what a process essay consists of and why it is employed.
    Tyler Barnes

    ReplyDelete